When the shipment of automotive wires comes from Romania to Mexico, with port of loading Venice – Italy, the international freight forwarder becomes the “string-puller”
Relying on an international freight forwarder means counting on a single logistics figure who takes care of the entire shipment. He selects the best transport solution by combining various modes (by land, by sea etc.), he coordinates and communicates with all involved parties (customers/carriers, etc.).
Our Tunisian partner entrusted us as Italian freight forwarders to coordinate some regular shipments of goods originating from different European countries (Austria, Germany etc..) and port of loading Italy, final destination Mexico.
The final client is a global leader in the design, manufacturing, and sales of automotive cables and wires. Headquartered in Tunis, he has many branch companies worldwide.
Last time, we did pick up goods from the Romanian branch and brought it at our warehouse in Porto Marghera, Venice.
Goods consisting of automotive wires packed on pallets, we discharged them from the truck coming from Romania and stuffed into 40’DV container (container logistics).
Export customs was made by client in the country of origin together with EUR1 Certificate.
At the end of the stuffing operations and after the container entered the port terminal, the EXAs were submitted electronically to the local customs office of exit which normally authorizes the container loading onboard.
The container regularly departed from Port of Venice, with final destination Port of Altamira, Mexico.
Let’s summarize the highlights of this case history:
- Our Tunisian freight forwarding partner we cooperated with for this shipment
- Asian Logistics Agencies as Italian freight forwarder headquartered in Venice, as a single logistics figure who takes care of the entire shipment
- Final client: big Tunisia group having many branch offices worldwide, the final client is either real shipper and receiver
Main stages of the shipment
- Goods pick up from another European country, at the customer’s Romanian branch to deliver them at our Container Freight Station in Venice, Italy
- Discharge from truck, goods storage in the warehouse and container stuffing operation
- Customs and Eur1 Certificate issue in the Country of Origin,
- Loading from Port of Venice, port of unloading Altamira, Mexico
Contact us as Italian freight forwarders expert in the container logistics field!