ICC has officially launched Incoterms® 2020
ICC has launched Incoterms® 2020, the newest edition of the renowned trade terms for the delivery of goods, providing certainty and clarity to business and traders everywhere.
Incoterms® 2020 will enter into force on 1st January 2020.
“More accessible and easier to use, Incoterms® 2020 includes more detailed explanatory notes with enhanced graphics to illustrate the responsibilities of importers and exporters for each Incoterms® rule. The introduction to Incoterms® 2020 also includes a more detailed explanation on how to choose the most appropriate Incoterms® rule for a given transaction, or how a sales contract interacts with ancillary contracts.” (iccwbo.org)
- Incoterms® 2020 provides for demonstrated market need in relation to bills of lading (BL) with an on-board notation and the Free Carrier (FCA) Incoterms® rule.
- Incoterms® 2020 aligns different levels of insurance coverage in Cost Insurance and Freight (CIF) and Carriage and Insurance Paid To (CIP).
- Incoterms® 2020 includes arrangements for carriage with own means of transport in FCA, Delivered at Place (DAP), Delivered at Place Unloaded (DPU), and Delivered Duty Paid (DDP).
- There is a change in the three-letter name for Delivered at Terminal (DAT) to DPU.
- Incoterms® 2020 includes security-related requirements within carriage obligations and costs.
As international freight forwarders, we are planning to participate to dedicated seminars in order to be well trained about all the rules Incoterms® 2020.
Are you looking for a freight forwarder in Italy? Contact us for your international transport’s requests!